The service this week was a unique and moving experience architected by Gweneth. The goal was a harvest feast of praise. Rembrandt’s Return of the Prodigal Son on the screen set the tone visually. Themes were pulled from The Good and Beautiful God: Falling in Love With the God Jesus Knows by James Bryan Smith.
The flowing service included:
- A transcendent quilt of familiar and powerful scripture readings
- Several beautiful worship songs, classical hymns and choruses
- A community greeting time of sharing how God's beauty & blessings recently touched us
- Vanessa’s hauntingly beautiful harp with lyrics to the tune of O Sacred Head Now Wounded
- Communion as the Center Jewel of the service (quote from Donna League)
Gweneth made us more aware of Community in communion. The physicality of Jesus, in real flesh, both in the past and on his return was made more tangible. Pastor’s quote was revisited on not letting our Reverence for Christ rob Him of His Reality. We joined in the feast of He who is the Bread of Life, who gave His life for and to us.
It was a moving, deep, and well-flavored service...and a time of worship, soul rest, and healing. We hope you'll join our intimate and diverse church family this week for Prayer Meeting and next Sunday for a fresh start back to our 9:00 AM Sunday School schedule.